ISFS making an
impact in real lives.
- Completed Studies
- Speaking Engagements
Improving financial literacy in the U. S. and beyond....
- Dr. Vitt lead a discussion about Social Security Education for Military Service Members and their Families as a guest of the Financial Education Roundtable of Hampton Roads on February 5, 2015 in Norfolk, VA.
- AARP Public Policy Institute engaged ISFS to conduct a study on Cognitive Impairment and Financial Decision-Making. Data for the study was collected from Financial Advisors by Greenwald & Associates, Washington, DC (2012-2014)
- Dr. Lois Vitt presented “The Case for Teaching Behavioral Strategies in Financial Decision-Making.” The webinar was sponsored by the Military Families Learning Network. September 25, 2013.
- ISFS participated by presenting “LifeValues and the Financial Well-Being of Generation Y” in the TIAA-CREF Institute 2013 Fellows Symposium: Engaging Early Career Workers In Their Financial Wellbeing. September 20, 2013. New York.
- “Trends in Financial Education by Public-Private Sector” was presented to the Financial Education Roundtable of Hampton Roads, April 3, 2013. Norfolk, VA.
- New book chapter entitled “Raising Employee Engagement Through Workplace Financial Education” was published in New Directions for Adult and Continuing Education, Volume 141. Financial Literacy and Adult Education. Forte, Karin Sprow, Edward W. Taylor, and Elizabeth J. Tisdell (Eds.) San Francisco: Josey-Bass. Spring 2014.
- “Advisor-Boomer Client Relationships: Raising Financial Literacy and Retirement Well-Being” was published in the Journal of the Society of Financial Professionals. September 2013. Vol.67, No. 5. (pp.75-88).
- Vitt, Lois A., published new articles on “Decision-Making” and "Class" in George Ritzer and J. Michael Ryan (eds.) The Concise Encyclopedia of Sociology , Oxford, U.K.: Blackwell, 2011.
- The LifeValues Quiz is published in Women's Health magazine. The quiz was developed by Lois A. Vitt, Ph.D., director of the Institute for Socio-Financial Studies (ISFS), and the National Endowment for Financial Education (NEFE), a non-profit foundation dedicated to helping Americans make sound financial decisions. The article may be accessed here. —3/2011
- Lois A. Vitt, Ph.D., quoted in Associated Press article on the ways in which behaviors learned from childhood influence how families manage money — 12/24/2010
- The National Endowment for Financial Education (NEFE) funds ISFS research that is then incorporated into the framework of the NEFE LifeValues Quiz and accompanying text — 2010
- Lois Vitt of ISFS presents "The Emotions of Buying and Selling a Home," looking beyond the mechanics of home buying and selling and revealing the hidden psychological factors that influence the way we approach housing transactions, Jump$tart National Educator Conference for Financial Literacy— 11/ 4-7/2010
- "Evaluation and Measurement of Learner Outcomes in Financial Education" is ISFS-sponsored session at Jump$tart National Partners Meeting in the nation's capital — 11/2010
- Learning how to use a time-tested, research-based LifeValues Approach that enhances team resourcefulness and effectiveness and leads to outstanding customer relations is focus of ISFS presentation at Primary Health Care Conference in Denver, as Lois A. Vitt, Ph.D., speaks on "Mattering In Health Care: Creating High Morale Through Values-Focused Education and Leadership" — 10/2010
- Lois. A. Vitt, Ph.D., of ISFS is keynote speaker at Jump$tart Financial Literacy Summit, speaking on "Social Influences on Financial Literacy Education" — 10/2010
- Pennsylvania Department of Financial Education is host to ISFS-sponsored session, "Building Sustainable Consumer Financial Education Programs" — 5/2010
- ISFS presents "Social and Cultural Influences on Financial Behaviors" at 8th Annual North America Securities Adminsitrators Association (NASAA) conference — 11/2010
- Second Annual Financial Literacy Leadership Conference is host to ISFS-sponsored session, "Financial Literacy Education: Building Support for Sustainable Programs" — 10/2009
- Keynote address "You and Your Money" delivered by ISFS founder, Lois A. Vitt, Ph.D., Financial Edcation Boot Camp, Virginia Credit Union League — 6/2009
- Woman in Government Family Economic Success Task Force Meeting is audience to ISFS presentation on "Financial Lilteracy and Education: Going Beyond Financial Facts" — 6/27/2008
- "Money, Politics, and the American Middle Class" is the subject of a lecture at University of Wisconsin by ISFS founder, Lois a. Vitt, Ph.D. — 3/2008
- Consumers’ Financial Decisions and the Psychology of Values by Dr. Vitt is Published in Journal of Financial Service Professionals — 11/01/2004
- Encyclopedia of Retirement and Finance Published — 12/01/2003
- ISFS Participates in EBRI-ERF Policy Forum — 05/08/2003
- ISFS Study Cited in Testimony Before the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs — 02/06/2002
- ISFS Courses Featured at Catholic University — 01/28/2002